Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I'm a Rhythmic Sucker

I'm posting a song I find fun (although her other songs are a bit repetitive). I always liked the unusual but mellow rhythms - when I was listening to KJAZ at LA, I almost shat my pants when I heard a song with a very interesting (I believe it was 7 or 9 beats per measure) coordination between the guitarist, the bassist and the drummer who were all playing on very different beats sequences. Forgive my pathetic musical liguo, but as long as I understand myself, I never feel it necessary to expand.

Also, why did you erase the Deezer links, Daniel? You should leave stuff you're not proud of (although there's really no reason for feeling ashamed of any posts here). Some of mine are (by far) the worst, anyway. Remember, Little Timmy is always behind you!


Discover Abbey Lincoln!

2 comments:

Substance said...

Yes, nice version.

The first time I listened to Cole Porter's I Concentrate On You, it was on an Abbey Lincoln album.

It determined the way I hear the tune in such a way that every other interpretation has seemed insipid since.

As for deleting posts, if they are added on a whim with very little thought, it should be possible to remove them with the same nonchalance.

I agree that a post's value should not systematically be measured. This presents the risk of becoming an inhibiting factor.

Tim said...

:D understood - feel FREE!